If you’re a certified coach and your credential expires in 2021 – there are a few weeks left this year to top up your CCEUs – Continuing Coach Education Units. Please note that the ICF also says that if your credential was due for renewal less than 1 year ago, you may still be eligible to renew by submitting additional CCEUs for each month your credential is lapsed.
PLEASE NOTE the following:
- We have included some courses and self-study programs to help you complete your CCEU quota.
- In addition, we are an affiliate for just one of these programs – the ACE Coaching Program.
- We are not recommending these courses, instead, we are providing some thought starters and options for you to consider.
- These credentials are very important for your livelihoods – so check the facts for yourself regarding what you need to do to claim your CCEUs, how many CCEUs of what kind you actually need – and who is qualified to issue them.
Credential Requirements Update
ICF recently adopted new requirements for the Associate Certified Coach (ACC) and Professional Certified Coach (PCC) credentials. Learn about the advantages of an ICF Credential here.
October 2021 ICF Facts: The ICF continues to grow!
- Currently, there are 44,842 ICF members in 150 countries (compared to 36,844 ICF Members this time last year).
- The total number of ICF credential holders is now 39,166 in 141 countries (compared to 32,287 last October, and 28,450 October 2019).
- The breakdown of the holders of the 3 ICF Credentials follows:
- 21,813 (ACC) Associate Certified Coaches (up from 18,209 this time in 2020)
- 15,825 (PCC) Professional Certified Coaches (up from 12,788 this time in 2020)
- 1,528 (MCC) Master Certified Coaches (up from 1,290 this time in 2020)
Building our CCEUs encourages us to deepen our coaching skills and growth as a coach. But sometimes life (and business!) gets away from us. Suddenly it’s the end of the year and we need to find a few more CCEUs to get our credentials renewed! The ICF website says, “ACC, PCC, and MCC Credentials are valid for the three-year period following the coach’s initial approval or latest renewal. Credentials must be renewed by December 31 of the year the credential expires.”
- For renewal requirements, what to do if your credential has lapsed see the ICF Renewal Application info here >>
- See all the types of ICF Accepted CCE Sources here >>
Types of Continuing Coach Education (CCE)
Continuing Coach Education (CCE) is divided into two categories:
- Core Competencies: Advanced coach training, writing, or research directly related to ICF Core Competencies.
- Resource Development: Training, writing, research, or self-study outside of the ICF Core Competencies that contributes to the professional development of a coach. All self-study is currently considered as “Resource Development”.
- Self-Study Credits: The ICF allows up to 16 “Self-Study” credits towards Resource Development. The ICF gives one CCEU per hour of presentation time – and this makes it easier than ever to top-up your CCEUs.
Looking for self-study ideas? Check out these Top 10 Coaching Books to Make You a Better Coach>>
Here are 10+ Easy Ways to Top-up Your CCEUs For 2021
1. Jennifer Britton’s Team and Group Coaching Courses:
Jennifer is a regular contributor to our blog and a recognized expert and author on all things Team and Group Coaching! If you’re interested in workshops, group coaching, executive coaching or coaching teams – Jennifer’s Group Coaching Essentials courses are an excellent way to get some extra CCEUs, and build your group coaching and workshop delivery skills. All training hosted by Jennifer Britton, PCC, CPCC, the author of Reconnecting Workspaces (June 2021), 90 Day Guide for Success: Pathways to Thrive in the Virtual, Remote and Hybrid World (October 2021), Effective Group Coaching (Wiley, 2010), From One to Many: Best Practices for Team And Group Coaching, Effective Virtual Conversations (2017), and Coaching Business Builder, and the PlanDoTrack Workbook and Planner for Virtual and Remote Professionals (2019).
- Get 10 CCEUs (9.25 hours core competencies, 0.75 hours resource/other) with the Advanced Group and Team Coaching Practicum. This Practicum takes a deeper dive into the art and science of group and team coaching. During this program coaches get hands-on practice with developing their group and team coaching skills,
receiving feedback on their skills. This includes two hours of a blended learning assignment which you will complete outside of class time. This course is delivered over the phone.
- October 29, November 5, 12, 19, December 3 and 10 (Fridays 1230 – 145 pm ET)
- Get 8.75 CCEUs with the Group Coaching Essentials™ Program – an interactive, hands-on program dedicated to supporting coaches who wish to develop their own group coaching programs. Delivered as 4 x 90 minute or 5 x 75 minute online sessions on zoom packed with tips and best practices around designing, marketing and implementing group coaching (public or corporate programs, virtual and in-person) on a weekly or twice-weekly basis. Each week different elements of group coaching approaches will be modelled while you consider what this can look like for your own work. Weekly mini-assignments get you putting ideas onto paper for your own programming. Includes a 15-minute laser 1-1 with Jennifer in between each call.
- October 22, 29, November 5, 12, 19 2021 Fridays (1015 – 1130 am ET)
- November 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, December 7 2021 Tuesday (630 – 745 pm ET)
- December 2, 6, 9, 13, 15 2021 Mondays and Thursdays (130 – 245 pm ET)
- November 9, 17, 30, December 7 and 14, 2021 Tuesday mornings 830 – 945 am ET: (NEW) *****
- December 2, 6, 9, 13, 15, 2021: 130 – 245 pm ET – December Accelerated Program – Mondays and Thursdays
- Get 24 CCEUs with Reconnecting Workspaces Certified Coach – Become Specialized to Coach for the Virtual, Remote and Hybrid Workspace, and also offer the Reconnecting Workspaces book to your coaching clients:
- Thursday, December 9 – Saturday, December 11 (All Virtual) or
- Tuesdays 630 – 830 pm ET starting November 9th
- The Team Coaching Essentials for the Virtual, Remote and Hybrid World (CCEs forthcoming)
- Tuesdays 2:45 – 4 pm: November 9, 16, 23, 30, December 7 and 14, 2021
2. Fran Fisher’s Advanced Level Mentoring and Virtual Coaching Mastery Event:
Fran Fisher, MCC is one of the pioneers of the coaching profession and a founding executive board member of the ICF. She specializes in coaching and mentoring coaches at PCC and MCC levels of experience. Her offerings provide mentoring for your individual and group experience. She shares the insights, best practices, and ‘secret sauce’ she’s gained over the last 25 years of coaching, training, mentoring, providing supervision, and being an ICF assessor for PCC and MCC exams.
- Get 5 RD hours with My Portable Mentor – This audio learning series and materials for the busy coach professional: Learn how to take your client into the transformational zone.
– Regular price: $197.00. EXTRA! Get a 50% discount as a friend of the Coaching Tools Company. Use COUPON CODE: CTC50 (and receive this for $98.50)
– COUPON CODE Valid to December 31, 2021!
- Earn 16.5 CCEU’s plus 1.5 RD hours with Inspiring Competence – Advanced level mentoring webinar series for a small group of five experienced coaches. Includes 10 x 1.5 hr group sessions and three one-to-one sessions
Program starts: July 19 – Nov 15th Tuesdays 9-10:30 Pacific (12-1:30 Eastern)
- Get 14 RD hours with Wisdom Way Fran’s new online, self-teaching program. You’ll learn what it takes to go from PCC to MCC. Use COUPON CODE: CTC50W and get 50% off = $148.50! Regular price $297 Discount valid to December 31, 2022!
3. Irena O’Brien’s Certificate in Applied Neuroscience:
Dr. Irena O’Brien is a cognitive neuroscientist and has been studying psychology and neuroscience for over 25 years. She offers Certificate Programs in Neuroscience, which are 4 months long, starting in January 2022. The course offers 24 CCE units upon certification (15 Core Competencies and 9 Resource Development), which includes all 14 video modules, plus their updates and upgrades, Weekly live, group Q & A Calls over video (during the 4-month Certificate programmes), Private Facebook group where she is active (Certificate programmes), and Certificate in Applied Neuroscience (Certificate Programs, upon completion of an assessment).
- Earn 24 CCEUs for 4 months ($975 one time payment, or a monthly payment of 6 x $187)
- Irena is also running a FREE neuroscience webinar: 10 Research-Backed Strategies to Help Your Clients Change Their Habits, Their Behaviors, and Their Lives It runs on Thursday, November 18th, 2 pm EST
- For more RD hours, check out Irena’s Individual Courses
4. Mickey Parsons’ Credentialed Coaches 12-Week Master Class & Certification Prep Course:
Dr. Mickey Parsons, founder of The Workplace Coach, LLC, has been coaching since 1999 and has also been serving as a professor of coaching psychology since 2011. His desire is to help coaches become credentialed with greater confidence, clarity, and ease. He and his team help coaches bring their greatness to life as they become masters of their profession and prepare for certification, including ICF (ACC, PCC, MCC) and/or CCE (BCC) certification.
As a masterful coach and professor of coaching psychology, Dr. Parsons has taught and mentored hundreds of coaches over the past decade. To date, every single one of them has passed their certification exams. Currently, the group offers 3 mentoring options to help you improve your coaching skills, get paid what you’re worth and prepare for certification:
- 12-Week Master Class & Certification Prep (18 CCEUs)
- Individual Mentoring & Supervision
- Business Development Mastermind Group (Each group meets 2x per month for 3 months – 12 CCEUS)
Learn more about their current offerings here >>
5. By participating in ReciproCoach mentoring and supervision rounds:
Did you know that you can claim 1 CCEU in Core Competencies for each hour of mentor coaching or supervision you receive or give?
The ICF explains it here under “II. Other Training”
Participating in mentor coaching and supervision is a wonderfully experiential and transformational way of learning that directly impacts your coaching practice – and the CCEUs are a bonus! And thankfully, with ReciproCoach, both mentor coaching and coaching supervision are very affordable.
Plus, if you’re ready to step up a notch and support another coach’s development, you can give mentor coaching and claim CCEUs for that too. The only thing more rich in learning than receiving mentor coaching (and supervision), is giving it! Incidentally, ReciproCoach also offers a pathway to becoming a mentor coach (free).
6. Marion Franklin’s Mentor Groups:
Marion Franklin is a highly experienced coach – an MCC Master Certified Coach since 2006! She is the author of The HeART of Laser-Focused Coaching: A Revolutionary Approach to Masterful Coaching. In her mentor groups, coaches meet once a weekday or evening (1.5 CCEUs each time) to practice in-the-moment coaching and stay for a month at a time. It’s a great opportunity to enhance your coaching skills, discuss client challenges, get CCEUs, interact with other great coaches at a low price point ($125 per month for 6 CCEUs). The sessions can also count toward training hours (ACSTH) if that’s needed.
***If you’re interested in mentoring with Marion, contact her now, as she is extremely popular***
- Get 6 CCEUs for 4 sessions per month ($125 per month, with discounts for multiple month payments) Learn more about Marion’s mentor coaching here >>
- The Practicum meets for 90 mins. Wednesdays at 1 PM (ET) OR 8 PM (ET) as a weekly mentor coaching group.
You may also like Marion’s Laser Coaching Program, although this is waitlisted and won’t be available for your 2021-22 CCEU year.
7. Ben Dooley’s MasterFull You Advanced Coach Training and Development:
You may have read Ben’s articles on our blog – he’s an amazing, fun MCC (Master Certified Coach) and Mentor Coach. His class “The Fast Pass to MasterFull Coaching” helps you discover deep unshakable coaching confidence, power and success. There is nothing else like it. This is the course that other coaches are calling “Brilliant”, “Amazing”, “Fun”, “Empowering”, “Exceptional”, “Entertaining and informational”, “Highly recommended” and “the best investment you make in yourself since your original decision to become a life coach!”
- Ben’s LIVE Coaching Skills Forum calls count as one CCEU per call in the “Core Competency” category. See Ben’s upcoming LIVE calls
- Every 2nd Tuesday morning at 11:00am EST / 10:00am CST / 9:00am MST / 8:00am PST (4:00pm GMT)
- Every 4th Wednesday afternoon at 3:00pm EST / 2:00pm CST / 1:00pm MST / 12:00pm PST (8:00pm GMT)
- Or get access to Ben’s archives of over 360 recordings, (up to 16 can be used for “Self-Study” Resource Development hours Get a 6-month membership (for $150).
- Also, The Fast Pass to MasterFull Coaching advanced coach training offers up to 72 CCEUs. A special Module 1 (the first 10 lessons) starts Monday, November 22 on Mondays 5:00-7:00 pm Central / 6:00-8:00 pm Eastern and completes the end of January 2022 (contact email@example.com for details).
The FULL FPMC course (all 29-lessons) begins again January 2022.
8. At Coachville:
- There are many, many courses/study packages eligible for CCEUs here >>
9. Check out your local ICF Chapter:
- For extra CCEUs, see what your local ICF Chapter is offering. For example, my Vancouver Island Coaches Chapter offers great educational meetings where we get CCEUs or RD (Resource Development) hours for attending. Find your local chapter here >>
10. ICF Communities of Practice:
- Through an ICF Communities of Practice Webinars: The various ICF Communities of Practice have upcoming webinars, plus a section on past webinars you can watch on-demand and get CCEU or RD hours >>
Finally, there are many other great coaches and mentor coaches who have been approved by the ICF to offer CCEUs – in-person, Virtual Education and Self-Study. Do your research and have fun!
11. GTCI Team Coaching:
Brought to you by WBECS*:
- The Team Coaching Accelerator introduces the fundamentals of becoming team savvy, as well as the key principles on which both Peter and David have based much of their careers – completely free of charge. By the end of the 90-minute webinar, you’ll understand why team coaching is essential for organizations to be future-fit. Discover the concepts behind team dynamics, team coaching and what it means to be an effective team coach. Learn how to guide organizations to lead as a collective, by encouraging clients to co-enquire, co-discover and co-design. The content provides you with the tools you need to help clients deal with modern-day challenges collaboratively.
2) PAID: New Gateway to Team Coaching with over 18 hours of LIVE sessions led by two of the world’s greatest coaches: Peter Hawkins, PhD (Professor of Leadership at Henley Business School, Chairman of Renewal Associates and founder and emeritus Chairman of Bath Consultancy Group and Chairman of Metaco South Africa) and David Clutterbuck, PhD (Leading authority in developmental Coaching & Mentoring, is one of the international pioneers of coaching and mentoring, author of 70 books, and well-known international keynote speaker).
- In this Gateway to Team Coaching course, you will earn up to 36 CCEUs and learn how to implement Team-Based Leadership.
Lastly, for some interesting Resource Development hours:
Vicky Jo Varner’s Virtual “Can You Spot It?” MBTI-Type Workshops
Vicky Jo Varner is an expert in psychological types known as the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI). “Can You Spot It?” is a virtual, on-demand course and Vicky’s multi-media approach aims to make Jung’s model of type understandable and accessible. Recognize the 8 cognitive processes!
- Get RD hours on this virtual course you can do any time!
- Get a free preview & purchase the course here >> (currently just $129 instead of $159 for a 90 day license)
- For course contents & details click here >> Please Note: A small administrative fee is required for CCE processing.
IMPORTANT: As mentioned, these credentials are important for our livelihoods. Please check the facts for yourself regarding claiming your hours, how many CCEUs of what kind you actually need – and who is qualified to issue them.
If you found this article on the ICF Certification Process and CCEUs helpful you may also like:
- ICF Credentialing and the Benefits of Coach Mentoring by Barry Switnicki
- How To Get Consent & Record Coaching Sessions, Plus Why You May Want To Try It! by Kerryn Griffiths
- Our Reader Discounts & Benefits Page which has other great coach resources and discounts
* Please Note: We are an affiliate for the WBECS ACE Foundations of Great Coaching Program